Marzano Academy Teacher Certification Courses
Marzano Academies offers online courses that focus on different aspects of Dr. Marzano’s CBE model. You can choose to take these classes on an individual basis and earn a badge certificate in a specific area, or you can take them all and earn certification as a competency-based educator. Either way, you can take your teaching to the next level.
The curriculum for the certification courses is based on 50 years of research conducted by Dr. Marzano and other field experts. Over the course of his career he has built a functioning model for a CBE system, provided detailed guidance on effective instruction and assessment within such a system, and discovered the best leading and lagging indicators of success—so you know what kind of an impact you are making.
We have built three competency-based pathways to earn credentialing in the only instructional model designed for competency-based learning.
- Pathway 1 – The Element Level. This allows you to choose an area of focus at the most granular level. Find the specific aspect of instruction you feel will take your practice even higher.
- Pathway 2 – The Badge Level. The elements of the model are grouped into ten overarching Design Areas, each with a specific focus on instruction. Choose the Design Area of interest for you. Once you complete the Design Area, you will earn a badge to show your understanding of competency-based instruction.
- Pathway 3 – The Certificate Level. This pathway provides access to all Design Area courses to personalize which elements you want to focus on and when. You will be certified as a competency-based educator if you earn badges for all ten Design Areas.
Synchronous Learning is Available
As a Marzano Academies student, you have access to office hours with Marzano Academies’ implementation specialists. During these sessions, we will:
- Break down the evidence-based elements and strategies,
- Discuss implementation strategies,
- Review submission of work you have provided and provide feedback,
- Answer specific questions about using the elements and strategies in your classroom.